Sunday, September 20, 2009

Of Relationships, Love and Lust

Relationships, according to Bengali contemporary art films, are the most confusing subjects in the world, one of the most confusing words in dictionary. They not only confuse those who are engaged in them but also those who are surrounding those direct victims. Relationship is given different names, such as Father-daughter relationship, mother-son relationship, boyfriend-girlfriend relationship and so on. But in almost all the cases it comes from the basic NEED, primarily. I need a girlfriend, and that’s why I, in my surroundings, will look for girls who can be my friend and can cater to all my needs that can be fulfilled by someone who is a girlfriend. Need is the base of all relationships, this can not be supported by people who will try to remind me, that when my dad and mom love me, they do it for no benefits or gain. They do it because they love me so much, and the relationship with my mom and dad is depended entirely upon that love and no proper needs. I agree to them in the point that they love me a lot, they definitely do so. But just think about it the way am doing it now – they love not me, but the guy who is their son. Now, am I not sounding more confusing than the word relationship? I am. But the fact is they love the son in me, and not me in particular. Had I not been their own son, they wouldn’t have taken care whether I am getting my meals properly, whether I am shivering in cold in the month of December, or whether I am learning the right things in life. They needed to love their son, and they are doing their bit. Purely biological needs, I should say. I just happened to be their son incidentally. They needed a son for two reasons, - one, they needed to carry forward the generations even after their death, - two, they wanted to find a prop in their wards who they believe would take care of them in future. Now, don’t think that I am telling all these things about my parents. I am just giving an example to discuss my theory, the scope of application of which is as vast as universe is, i.e. any other species of animals or plants might be doing the same on the other end of this earth, and who knows, on some other planet in this universe.


I loved a girl for many years. And she, to me, was the cutest and the most beautiful girl on earth. (I hadn’t seen enough of this earth by that time though, :)) And I kind of love her till now, even though she is happy with some other guy, who, I suppose, is able to fulfill all her needs more effectively and efficiently. I love her because… I can not complete the sentence. How deeply may I ponder over it, I will fail to find out one real reason with which I can logically establish there is a justification. Only thing that therefore now I can guess is, she was just the one I found out first in my life. There could have been many, but fortunately or unfortunately I couldn’t find any one of them before I found her. There was a fill in the blank question. And I had only one option (only one person) left for that blank (for that need/relationship) to be filled up. And just like the brilliant student that I was in my childhood, I filled up that blank and got full marks then. But now I find someone has given me the same question with the word in that blank deleted once again, and left with no optional answers (Pick a word / name / person on your own from the passage, oops your own life).


Lust is one more biological need that caters to both love and relationship needs. Lust is what is needed for the next generation to be created. Lust is what is necessary to make the so called love long-lasting. It’s the lust because of which we fall in love, we make love, we create relationships, and we spread relationships. It’s the reason why god or the anonymous superpower made the 22 pairs of humane chromosome similar whereas, the last (23rd) pair different for men and women.


Need is the word. Need is there, and love will sustain, relationships will attain success. Need is not felt, and umpteen number of divorce cases, ditching by one’s bf/gf, break ups and all happen. It’s very tough to sustain a relationship and tougher is still to be in love in that relationship. Because the toughest task is to make somebody feel that you are needed.


(For all my readers: Wish you a need-full life ahead!)



No comments:

Post a Comment