Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rising in Love

The spirit behind choosing this topic for today’s blog comes from two things – firstly because Abdul bhaiya, in his P10 of CC manual delivered his trademarked-graceful-elegant speech with the same title and made me feel that sometimes it’s not just falling but actually attaining a higher elevation in terms of happiness, content, optimism, and what not, when you “fall” in love, – and secondly because I was literally feeling like ‘rising’ in love for the first time in my life, after falling in the same on numerous occasions.

Yes, I say it without any hesitation that I fell in love on so many occasions, first with that bubbly little pinkish girl of my 1st Standard who always snatched from me every little craftwork that I would make to make my creative and innovative skills speak out my aesthetic excellence, and then with that epical girl riya, who’s as far as galaxies are to me at this point in time, and all this while with those ephemeral glances of kohl-lined eyes behind sparkling spectacles, ready-to-burst-out figures behind those trendy lavish dresses at Park Street, the shy-looking-salwar-clad intellectuals in BBD Bag minibus. But, today it was different! “Today it was different!” can be the most frequent reaction after a lovelorn lass-loving lad dates with his latest lady-love. But trust me, today it was different… in the sense that this time I was dating with not my gal, not my would-be, not with any future prospect. I was with Rahul’s girlfriend all the time. Now, like inquisitive blog readers you must be wondering who’s Rahul. To tell you the truth, frankly, Rahul is the boyfriend of the gal for whom I happily and readily bunked today’s toastmasters’ meeting which on the other hand was like another girlfriend cum time-pass cum motivation till I last relinquished my hope of getting a gorgeous girl to spend Friday evenings with.

I love making websites, I love designing invites for party, I love making layouts for newsletters and that’s why I loved when they elected me to be the Vice President – Public Relations for our club. Now I have a little bit of regret that I missed today’s meeting and missed one important announcement that was to be made in order to make sure we meet our September quarter newsletter target date. But I loved this girl equally so much so that I resort to the management mantra that life is always some kind of trade off in some way or other, and you can’t help it. In this case, I traded in my responsibilities as a PR officer of a Toastmaster club for few more hours with HER in the constringed seat of the dingy stuffy bus that travelled through the narrow stretch of NH-2 clogged by scattered men and women out on pre-puja euphoria and waded through cacophonous din and bustle of the once-so-growing and now-breathing-its-last industrial areas of Howrah.

It was our 4th date overall, and 1st with none other but HER. We had few outings, but going by the lingo of software professionals, they can better be termed as team outings. We had a variety of people in our group, English first year, B.Com graduate searching-for-job, a would-be-getting-married-soon who’s as if enjoying her last few days of freedom, a pair of love-smitten students. And amidst that commonplace group of ours, we had regular exchange of glances, enjoyed a little pat at my back, slight touch of HER swaying hair, HER gorgeous grinning, chocolaty chortle, false frowns and all other fugacious phenomena that others were not interested in, but I would always be eagerly waiting for.

But today SHE was all mine. I felt like a king holding the hand of the empress, and enjoying the charms of HER Highness. HER soft hands were not cold like the other day. They were lukewarm, just as warm as it should have been to imply that our relationship is going to be a warm one. Used tissues which were lying here and there over the floor of my empty room, were reminding me of HER again. The folds in those paper balls resembled HER palm-lines. The bolster that bore HER touch marks resembled HER (at night). I was missing her, terribly.

I didn’t make out with HER, I was in no mood to do so. The only thing that I could make out from the experience that I had with HER, SHE is just like a bud, petals are still unfurled. And I would eagerly wait till the time, when it will be in full bloom, slowly but steadily, and spontaneously, and I won’t be the one like the guy in that book I gave her today to read. I can not be as desperate as Deb was, in fact I should not be. SHE is too innocent to be treated otherwise. A pearl or two rolled down HER cheek, smudging the kohl eye liners. It’s too precious to be wasted again. I am becoming a good guy suddenly. I am thinking about all the good things in life. I am just thinking about how carefully god crafted HER, so unique, yet so simple. “Of course I love you, till I find someone better” – was the title of that book. But don’t know why, I feel I can’t find someone better for me. Just like how Deb was rising in love with Avantika, I am rising for the first time in half-love, – half-love, with my half-girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. u r in love... or shud i say...u r in a typical liking that youngsters take in a thing of beauty... a previously unexplored landscape...an untasted wine... whatever be the motivation...very slim and trim writing... i loved the language, no rigidity... keep this up

    ReplyDelete