Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brishti Tomake Dilam...



1:37 AM, April 29, 2010, and the cool breeze blowing through my window from the North Eastern side of the backyard is bringing tiny little droplets along with it. It reminds me of my mom’s caring touch, it takes me to time that has been to oblivion, and what will never come back, how hard I may try and cry. About 20 years ago, went to school, for the first time in my life, and since then learnt lessons a lot, and those that were in no text books. Learnt how to lead life – lonely and lovelorn, and loveless at last, a lad who lost his lass. Learnt how to overcome that sudden punch, learnt to forget things for better… and still learning, - a life long process it has been, as they said. I had a heart – clean like a blank slate, and the girl of my dream came with a pink chalk, scratched in it, I scratched then too, and started the rounds of tick-tack-toe, but when in final turn she made the final cross, I failed to read the omen, she crossed the limit of togetherness, and I kept my fingers crossed, till I crossed the ocean of grief that prevailed for pretty few annums.


Tears shed as if rain. And I felt lighter letting them drip drop by drop. Neon lights still lit the roads, soaked in the night’s dew, - and drizzles, incoherent, ricked by reckless wind. She came again arousing all my senses. And when I yearned to cast that amorous look, she was no more there, I rambled, rumbled in quest, and she was nowhere at all.


The days passed by, and I forgot thou. And I marred the kid in me, and hate the exile. I have freed myself under the azure sky, and I leaped in joy, with desire to fly high, and then the wind came, and the drops as well, the light had that glow again, and took me to thee tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Dude you rock. You are a lone reed with a mesmerising muse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Drops would keep coming Nil, moreover they would keep visiting again n again and every time with a renewed force... Just when u realize that u have beaten the past and have grown new wings, suddenly u wld realize that ur drenched again ...
    drizzle, Droplets and then Shower..leaving ur wings limp n heavy ...So wat happens next ??? Ur choice ..either Stand there Drenched, nostalgic, asphyxiated or else learn to glide through the rains ..feeling the wind in every part of ur body ..with the droplets amusing u once again ...

    ReplyDelete